I come from a long line of bookworms, and our shelves are groaning. I firmly believe you can never have too many books, and Ava and Thea are of the same opinion. When the people behind The Book of Everyone asked me to review* their new personalised children’s book, I was pretty excited.
This gorgeous personalised children’s book is called ‘Wise Words for NAME from NAME‘. I wrote it to both Ava and Thea, but of course you can write it to just one child. Isn’t the cover beautiful?
This keepsake book contains words of wisdom for your kids to refer to in the future, which you can customise to your heart’s content. Your kids can read each page in order, or dip in and out, using the index. There are pages on how to survive school, what to do if you’re a bit stuck, and lots of other good advice. The artwork is stunning – really simple and colourful, so I think it would appeal to all ages, and boys and girls.
How to compose your wise words BOOK
You order this cool personalised children’s book online. Each page has two sets of pre-written text to choose from. You also have the option of either tweaking one of the options, or writing something completely new. I kept about twenty percent of the quotes as they were, or with small tweaks, and wrote about eighty percent myself.
I decided to go with a unicorn-themed quote for this page, to go with the image. I filled in the right page with some wise words from Kid President.
So who is Kid President? If you have children, I highly recommend you check him out! He is an American kid, who is wise beyond his years. He has many words of wisdom, handily collected on this Pinterest link.
Some pages from our personalised children’s book
Here are just few pictures from our book – these are mostly ones I chose myself, including quotes from favourite films and books.
TIPS FOR WRITING YOUR PERSONALISED CHILDREN’S BOOK
It’s really easy to create your book, but it is time consuming. I would say allow an hour or so to get it right, if you are making a lot of changes. You can save it and come back to it later, so you don’t have to do it all in one go. I made a few mistakes as I was in a rush, so I have listed them, so you can learn from them!
- I totally missed a trick by not adding something about doing as you’re asked straight away! I spend so much of my life saying ‘eat up’, ‘put your shoes/coat/pants on’, ‘brush your teeth’, a bajillion times a day. I wish I’d added in some advice about that, as maybe they would listen if it was in a book!
- Get someone to check it for you for typos! I got my sister to check it before I hit order. I didn’t have any, but it would be so easy to make a mistake.
- If you need a bit of inspiration, as well as the quotes from Kid President I linked to above, Pinterest is a great source.
- Double check that your quotes fit into the speech bubbles. I thought all of mine did, but one of them had an extra space in it, so it spilled out of the text box:
Another slight niggle is that I wrote the book from both me and Ryan. The introduction page doesn’t read well, as it’s written as if it’s from one person, with “my” and “I”. This is one of the only pages you can’t edit. But this is a tiny point Ava and Thea won’t notice.
Why I Love our Book of Everyone PERSONALISED CHILDREN’S BOOK
- The paperback book I received is £19.95, which I think is great value for a personalised gift. You can pay £29.95 for the hardback version, which I would choose if I was ordering as a gift. You could also splash out £49.95 for a deluxe version with a padded cover, box and other fancy stuff. Each have 1st class postage included, plus a digital version. .
- It arrived really quickly – I ordered on Wednesday evening and it arrived on Friday morning!
- It is targeted at children aged eight and above, but as it is so easy to customise, you can make it simpler, for younger kids.
- I love how you can personalise so much of the text, or keep it as it is if you prefer.
- It’s so simple to personalise and order online, and makes a really unusual and thoughtful gift – you can order online at The Book of Everyone’s fun website.
Ava and Thea’s verdict
Ava and Thea were amazed to have a book with their names on it, and I think they’ll come back and read it for years to come.
After one reading session, Thea doesn’t really ‘get’ the book, but she loves the illustrations. She’s only three and a half and will no doubt get into it when she’s older. Ava was really impressed, and can read a lot of it herself, which she’s really excited about.
This will be a book we come back to again and again, and I think it would make a great present for Christmas, birthdays or any other landmark occasion.
Have you ever given or received a personalised present? What do you think of them? Please let me know in the comments!
*Please note, I was gifted this book for the purposes of this review, and all opinions are my own, as always.