Lavera Gloss and Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner Review
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you click through a link and buy something, I may receive a small commission. Find my full disclosure policy here.
As part of my mission to reduce the chemicals in my beauty regime, I’ve tried a lot of shampoos and conditioners. It’s fair to say there is a real mix of good and bad results out there. Will I place Lavera Gloss and Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner into the ‘good’ or ‘bad’ list? Read on to find out!
The Good: Lavera Gloss and Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner
- The packaging is very pretty.
- It smells lovely, with organic mallow and pearl extract.
- It has good eco credentials. It’s free from parabens, phthalate, silicone, paraffin, mineral oil and genetically modified ingredients.
- It’s not too pricey and can be bought from Amazon. The Gloss and Bounce Shampoo is £8.72 for 250ml. The Gloss and Bounce Conditioner is £8.72 for 200ml.
- The shampoo works well and lathers nicely.
The Bad: Lavera Gloss and Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner
- Lavera claims the conditioner achieves “radiant results and incredible shine.” Unfortunately, it leaves my hair looking and feeling like straw. It has the dubious honour of being the worst conditioner I’ve ever used! It disappears as soon as you put it on. And forget about trying to comb your hair though, it’s impossible as it goes all matted!
- Normally, if I don’t get on with a conditioner, I will try it as a shaving cream, so that I don’t have to throw it away. But the Lavera Gloss and Bounce Conditioner didn’t even work well for that.
So would I recommend Lavera Gloss and Bounce Shampoo and Conditioner? No. Sadly, although the shampoo is quite nice, it didn’t make up for the terrible conditioner. I don’t know about you, but I always like to have matching shampoo and conditioner, so I won’t be buying either of these again.
If you want a really great chemical-free shampoo and conditioner, I recommend the Giovanni Eco Chic range, which I have reviewed in the past. I’ve tried several versions and they have all been good, so that’s my recommendation.