Five things I love right now: April (just!)
1. Copper. I found this gorgeous light shade in ASDA, of all places, and had to have it for our office. It was only £20, though the lovely retro Calex lightbulb was nearly £20 from John Lewis… not such a bargain but needed. The ASDA shade is sold out now I’m afraid.
We will be replacing the rather grubby old light fitting at some point too! Unfortunately I can’t find anything else to go with the shade, so have had to take matters into my own hands with Rust-oleum Metallic Bright Copper Spray Paint which I got from Amazon for only £6.48.
I will be blogging about the work we’ve been doing on the office soon, but for now, this will have to serve as a sneak peek!
2. Stroop Wafels. I have had my eye on these in my local Co-Op for a while and one day, I cracked! They are so scummy, and have lovely gooey cinnamon-flavoured caramel sandwiched inside two soft waffles. Pop it on your cup of tea, and it starts to melt. Mmmmmmm.
3. Sandals. The weather is still acting up, but we are getting some lovely sunny, warm days so the girls have been wearing in their new sandals. How cute are they? I wish they did them in adults sizes…
4. Costco. Not only did we find our brilliant Wendy house there for only £220, but they also have these giant tubs of Vanish, for around the same price as the smaller tubs you find in supermarkets. Love it!
5. Flamingos. I am obsessed with them, and have wanted to get some of the kitsch 1950s ones for our garden, for about five years, but it always seems like a bit of a frivolous purchase. But when I found this little beauty in Dunelm for only £12.99, I couldn’t resist. Before I take the tag off though, I’m doing a little research to see if I can find any others I like better. Not sure about the way he’s looking backwards, what do you think?
He will go in the garden eventually, but he seems quite at home next to the fire for now!