Five home truths from my charming daughters
I think my girls are trying to tell me something… These conversations have all occurred recently, and are making me reassess some of my lifestyle choices.
1. Scandalised Ava shouts out, “Mum, your BOTTOM’s hanging out!”
It’s my muffin top.
2. Two year old Thea innocently asks, “Mummy have you got a baby in your tummy?” I explain that I haven’t. Two days later she comes over, pats my tummy and says, “Can I feel the baby?”
3. Ava sits on my lap and asks “Is there a baby in there mum?” whilst patting my belly. Then “I can feel it moving!”
There is no baby.
Step away from the cake, Becky. I think (and hope) this new-found fascination with babies is because they have another little cousin due in September. But they do have a point – my clothes are getting pretty snug!
4. Thea touches my bare leg, and says, “Ooooh, you got needles!”
5. Ava says, “Your elbows feel funny.” “Oh really, what do they feel like?” “Umm broccoli.” “Oh OK, how do yours feel?” “Smooth. Yours are rough.”
Yes, because I no longer have time for shaving, or body lotion, due to every waking hour being taken up with pre-schoolers! (And eating, apparently!)