Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you click through a link and buy something, I may receive a small commission. Find my full disclosure policy here.
Have you made your own door wreath? I’ve made a few wreaths over the years, and this easy tutorial will show you how to make your own metallic door wreath, that’s perfect for Autumn. This simple wreath is so quick and easy, and you can customise it with whatever greenery you like. Let me show you how.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Materials
You’ll need a few basic supplies to make your metallic door wreath:
- A natural wreath. Mine was left over from our wedding eleven years ago but you can buy a wreath online for a few pounds here.
- Metallic spray paint. I always use Rustoleum for my projects, it works so well and has a wide range of colours. I used Brilliant Metallic Gold and Brilliant Metallic Bright Copper.
- Floristry wire which you can buy here.
- Dry leaves.
- Greenery – I used rosemary from our garden as it’s flexible and smells gorgeous.
- Flowers – I used some dark pink ones from our garden, plus some gypsophila.
Step 1: Spray Your Wreath
Spray your wreath in your chosen metallic spray paint, making sure to do a couple of layers on each side. I found the outdoor bin lid makes the perfect background so I didn’t get paint everywhere. Always use spray paint in a well ventilated area – I always go outside. Next spray your leaves in either the same paint or a contrasting colour. Allow them all to dry thoroughly.
Step 2: Add Greenery
Poke the end of your greenery into the wreath and secure at regular intervals with floristry wire. Make sure your greenery is facing the same way.
Step 3: Add Flowers
Add some flowers, either concentrated in one space, or all around. I just poked the stems through the gaps in the wreath, but you could also secure them with floristry wire.
Step 4: Add Leaves
Add the leaves, again poking the stems through the gaps in the wreath.
Step 5: Add Baby’s Breath
Add some sprigs of gypsophila and hang up your metallic door wreath.