Have you made your own door wreath? I’ve made a few wreaths over the years, and this easy tutorial will show you how to make your own metallic door wreath. This simple wreath is so quick and easy, and you can customise it with whatever greenery you like. Read on for the simple steps to make your own metallic door wreath.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Materials
You’ll need a few basic supplies to make your metallic door wreath:
- A natural wreath. Mine was left over from our wedding eleven years ago but you can buy a wreath online for a few pounds here*.
- Metallic spray paint. I always use Rustoleum for my projects, it works so well and has a wide range of colours. I used Brilliant Metallic Gold* and Brilliant Metallic Bright Copper*.
- Floristry wire which you can buy here*.
- Dry leaves.
- Greenery – I used rosemary from our garden as it’s flexible and smells gorgeous.
- Flowers – I used some dark pink ones from our garden, plus some gypsophila.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial Step 1
Spray your wreath in your chosen metallic spray paint, making sure to do a couple of layers on each side. I found the outdoor bin lid makes the perfect background so I didn’t get paint everywhere. Always use spray paint in a well ventilated area – I always go outside. Next spray your leaves in either the same paint or a contrasting colour. Allow them all to dry thoroughly.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial Step 2
Poke the end of your greenery into the wreath and secure at regular intervals with floristry wire. Make sure your greenery is facing the same way.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial Step 3
Add some flowers, either concentrated in one space, or all around. I just poked the stems through the gaps in the wreath, but you could also secure them with floristry wire.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial Step 4
Add the leaves, again poking the stems through the gaps in the wreath.
Easy Metallic Door Wreath Tutorial Step 5
Add some sprigs of gypsophila and hang up your metallic door wreath.
If you like this wreath tutorial, you might like the embroidery hoop wreath tutorial, click here.
And for my embroidery hoop wreath tutorial, click here.