My Favourite Five for February: Tiger, IKEA & FitBit
1. Tiger geometric goodies. I can’t get enough of Tiger. Our local one opened fairly recently and I buy something or other every time I go past, I can’t resist! Sadly/luckily (depending on your will power) you can’t buy online yet so if you don’t have one near you, I’m sorry but hopefully you will soon! I picked up this lovely embroidery kit for just £3. Yes, THREE POUNDS! I went back and got another one today – I’m going to try and spray this hoop copper so it can go in our office, and I’m going to do my next one with pink thread, to go in our lounge. The ‘instructions’ are pretty hopeless as they are pictorial, but it was so easy you won’t need them anyway. I did this in about an hour, in front of the TV.I also got this rather lovely white wire fruit bowl for £4.
2. IKEA LOSJON coat hooks. I love these brightly coloured hooks – they are only £4.75, and you can either screw them into the wall, or stick them up. That’s the option I’ll be going for, obviously. We need more coat hooks in our hall, and I thought if I put these up at waist height, the girls can hand their own coats up, rather than chucking them on the floor.
3. Fitbit Flex. Those of you that know me IRL may well fall off your chair in shock that I have actually bought a fitness product. OK you can stop laughing now. I’m trying to be healthier, and I know that this won’t actually do that, but I am interested in how much (or little) exercise I actually get and also how much sleep. Not surprisingly, I pretty much hit my 10,000 step goal on the days I am running about with the girls, and on my work days, it’s more like 6,000. And last Sunday it was a paltry 3,000! But the day before I went to London and did over 16,000 so I didn’t really care that much. Because I had a feeling I am going to get bored of this, I got it with my Boots points, so it’s not *real* money, and it’s £15 off at the moment too. It comes with a second bigger wrist band, so if I do get bored, I can give it to Ryan! But so far, I’m finding it interesting and now that I have my week of base line steps, I have something to beat.
4. Donna Wilson for John Lewis dresses. I found these super cute dropped waist dresses in the sale at John Lewis for half price and I couldn’t resist. I’m not sure how long I will get away with putting the girls in matching outfits so I am making the most of it whilst I can.
5. Flamingo and ice cream tech wallpapers. One of my friends found this blog link on Pinterest and sent it to me. Lauren Conrad has created some gorgeous FREE phone and computer wall papers, and my phone is now sporting some pretty flamingos, and my computer has some lovely brush letting saying ‘find the beauty in every day’ which is a great reminder. I won’t put the pictures here, as I’d rather you click through to her site to find them – there are also some very sweet pastel ice cream designs too – enjoy!