MEET THE PINKS
Hello and welcome to my blog, PinksCharming, where you’ll read about our life in the land of concrete cows and roundabouts (AKA Milton Keynes).
I’m Becky Pink, a clean-beauty-aholic, interior-obsessed, sometime crafter, mum to two cheeky girls, Ava and Thea, and wife to Ryan, and a freelance copywriter. My blog started out as a record of the funny things my girls say and do. It’s evolved in to an ethical lifestyle blog where I share ways to live a more sustainable life, without compromising on the good stuff!
Look out for the little projects I share about our 1970s house, which we have lived in for three years. We’re in the process of doing it up, and it’s very sl-o-o-o-w progress! I don’t think it will ever be finished… but we are getting closer! This is the lounge before we moved in…
And this is how it looks now:
As a shopaholic and experienced bargain-hunter, I also share pretty things I’ve found, mainly for our home. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll see them all.
Progress can be frustratingly slow, (anyone tried decorating with two kids running around? not the best plan!) but we are getting there. Thea’s nursery featured on Rock My Family, do check it out, they took some lovely photos!
Clean Beauty Reviews
I’ve been a beauty junkie since I was a teenager. I was Senior Copywriter at Avon Cosmetics for over seven years, so I know a thing or two about skincare and beauty. You’ll find plenty of posts about them, as I’m a brand ambassador for natural beauty store Love Lula. Since I got pregnant with Ava, I have gradually transitioning to organic and natural beauty products, with varying success. You’ll find my favourites, and a few to avoid in my Clean Beauty Archives.
Sustainability and Ethical Lifestyle
I’ve always been interested in the environment and over the last five or six years this has become increasingly important. I’m obsessed with recycling and reuse things as much as I can. I’m always researching better, more energy efficient ways to do things, and ideas for living a more eco-friendly life. Whether that’s buying organic clothing, reusing and upcycling things, or supporting environmentally friendly businesses, you’ll find a wealth of sustainable lifestyle information here.
These girls are the apples of my eye; we are so lucky to have them. Ava is very thoughtful and creative. She asks a lot of questions and is very eager to learn. Thea is a fun loving free-spirit, and is incredibly observant, with a great memory. They play together beautifully about 90% of the time. The other 10% is spent winding each other up. This lovely picture was taken by Vicki Hull in 2017.
I love making all the things, from Harriet Hedgehog Birthday Cakes, to flower arranging and paper cutting, I’ll have a go at them all, and document my progress. You’ll also find tried and tested recipes for main meals, and cakes, as I love to bake. My Harriet Hedgehog Birthday Cake Tutorial is my most read post, I guess people love a 1980s cake! I also write about our family adventures including days out and holidays, when I can find the time to edit my millions of photos!
Ryan and I have been married for 13 years, but we’ve been together for way longer than that. He’s a research scientist and a Dr (not the medical kind) so I’m hoping some of his sciencey brain power has been inherited by Ava and Thea. So far, they’re shaping up to be a bit more arty like me, but that might just be my influence.
As an ex-Broadcast Journalist, and Senior Copywriter, I love words – you can find out more about my career on my Freelance Copywriting website here. At the end of 2014, I made the huge and very difficult decision to give up a great job as Senior Copywriter at Avon, to spend more time with my family. So now I work for myself, as a part-time copywriter, and I’m so glad I made that leap of faith! If anything, I’m busier now that I write my blog, but I love it.
My mum and dad are my parenting role-models. My mum was always around when we were little, and although I can’t manage that, I’m hoping cutting back on work will help me at least take a step closer to this. So far, it really has! I hope that I’ll be able to look back at my blog when I’m an old lady, and be reminded of all the funny, silly, frustrating days of being a parent. Hopefully Ava and Thea won’t be too embarrassed.
If you have a question or comment – I’d love to hear from you. You can email me, Tweet me or message me on my Facebook Page. I’m @pinkscharming on Instagram and you can follow my boards on Pinterest too!
Thanks so much for reading, it really means a lot.