Contains affiliate links. Learn more.
Once upon a time there were two little girls, who were desperate to have a magical sleepover in a tent. Their dad put up their old, saggy tent, but it kept falling over, as it was only made of beanpoles. The younger sister lasted about ten minutes before asking if she could sleep in her own bed. The older sister lasted a little longer. But within half an hour, they were both tucked up in their bunkbeds. The end.
Not a very magical sleepover, sadly!
Luckily, we set up a magical sleepover with tipis for the girls, as a back to school treat. And just look at how cute it all looks! Read on to find out how to create your own magical tipi sleepover.
All About Magical Tipi Sleepover Parties
Teepee sleepover parties are a really cute, stress-free party idea, and I’d say they are ideal for tweens and younger.
A tipi sleepover is top of the list when it comes to treat for kids. You can theme your sleepover party however you like. Maybe your kids would like a princess theme, or a lego party? What about pirates or adventurers? The only limit is your imagination! My girls wanted a magical romantic tipi sleepover and I think you’ll agree, we made it come alive!
If you have a large room you may be able to set up your tipi tents in the middle. If not, you may need to move some furniture. We just moved our sofas to the other end of the room, to make way for four teepees.
It took around an hour to set up, and the girls just needed PJs and their favourite cuddly toys! The lights are all battery-operated and don’t get hot, so they are ideal for kids.
How to Create Your Own Magical Teepee Party
Magical teepee parties make the perfect birthday party, for small groups, or as a treat for your own kids. If you want to hold your own magical sleepover, here is a handy list with links to where you can find them:
- You can buy an indoor teepee tent here.
- Add a cot bed mattress, which you buy find here – it will stick out of the front of the tent like in my photos. Or you could use an old one if your kids are in single beds now.
- You may need a waterproof sheet, if you have little kids.
- Buy LED battery-operated string lights covered in flowers here.
- Grab a couple of soft pink cellular blankets here, or use whatever blankets you already have.
- This vintage-style LED battery-operated lantern has a built in timer.
- The girls love the Sasse & Belle star nightlights that you can find here.
- And these cloud cushions are just too cute too.
- You could use this bamboo tray on legs to create a treat station, or a small pile of books. Just add some cups and jars of sweets so they can have a midnight feast.
And if your child wants a teepee experience every night, check out this gorgeous Tipi kids and toddler bed: it’s stunning.
Our Magical Teepee Party
We invited the girls’ cousin and Thea’s best friend for the afternoon, to enjoy the tipi party.
I think it’s safe to say they had an amazing time. They particularly enjoyed the sweets and chocolate buttons.
Our Magical Tipi Sleepover at Night
Ava and Thea couldn’t wait to go to bed, and were so excited for their magical sleepover. Ava got her teepee all ready with her favourite toys.
The girls were very eager to go to ‘bed’, and were tucked up nice and early at about 6.30.
I was a little worried they wouldn’t go to sleep very well, but Thea went straight to sleep at 7 o’clock (amazing!) and Ava nodded off about half an hour later.
The next morning, they were super happy to have free reign of the TV. Then they made the tents into a school for a couple of hours.
So this fairy tale had a happy ending, eventually!
Please Pin this guide to a sleepover party with a difference for later and share with your friends!