Ten things I love right now: February (just)
1. Bulbs. No idea what these will grow in to but it’s such a lovely promise that spring is on the way!
2. Mummy Mitts. Like a sleeping bag for your hands, I don’t think I could get through winter without these clever velcro-on-to-your-buggy-handle sensations. So much warmer than normal gloves, and you just slide your hands in and out, leaving them on the handle, when you need to wipe a nose, pick up a toy, or adjust a rogue hat. Ryan also discovered you can use them to hold the scooter across the handlebars. Genius.
You can get a pair here: Mummy Mitts and More
3. This video. Pretty much sums me up! Though she’s way more glam than me.
4. The 30 years soap anniversary. No, not that one. I’m talking Neighbours! Though if you do like Eastenders too, you will probably find this video funny. Stefan Dennis = legend.
5. Eddie Redmayne. I haven’t seen his Oscar-winning performance in The Theory of Everything yet, but I am looking forward to it. His acceptance speech was pretty fantastic. But that’s not the only reason I think he’s great: it turns out he’s a big Neighbours fan. He says he thinks Karl and Susan (AKA Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne) are “amazing” saying he’s “learned a lot from them from watching them daily.”
6. My electric blanket. It has an extra warm section for your feet. Heaven. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to figure out I could just get a single version for my side of the bed.
7. Dark Parties. This is one of Ava’s favourite games. It involves getting the wig wam and tea set out, and closing the curtains. The Gruffalo’s Child is optional, but preferred.
8. Toddler Groups. The perfect way for Thea to run off some energy, without having to be outside in the cold. She gets to play with new toys and see her little buddies, whilst I get to see mine. It’s a win/win.
9. My new Clarks boots. They were in the sale, in case Ryan is reading.
10. My snug secret. Amazing thermal fleecy insoles. They rock.