The Busy Multi-Tasker’s Guide to Pre-Party Pampering
Do you find it hard to find the time for pre-party pampering? New Year’s Eve is fast approaching and I have some ideas to help you make the most of your bath or shower, and multi-task your way to glossy hair, and super-soft, radiant skin. Pre-children, I would take a lot longer to prep for a party, but now with two daughters, time is of the essence, so I have this down to a fine art.
My Pre-Party Pampering Kit
I use mainly natural beauty products from Love Lula in my pre-party pampering, as I am cutting chemicals out of my beauty regime.
Products marked with an * are affiliate links. Products marked ** have been gifted to me and are affiliate links, which does not affect my opinions.
Pre-Party Pampering: The Night Before
The night before your night out, you’ll probably need to defuzz. This is the perfect opportunity to give your hair and skin some pampering, too.
Pre-Party Pampering: Shower or Bath
Follow these steps to make the most of your shower or bath.
- Wash your face and hair (but don’t condition it).
- Dry your face and smooth on an exfoliating face mask and leave on for around ten minutes. I recommend Laidbare For Richer or Porer (£7.99 from Love Lula)**. It’s quite grainy, and also has a natural micro-exfoliating process. It contains kaolin clay to draw out impurities, Japanese seaweed extract to detoxify, shea butter to hydrates and condition, and liquorice and rose water to help minimise irritation.
- Apply a generous squeeze of your favourite hair treatment for ten minutes. I love Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor (£7.99 from Love Lula)**. It’s suitable for all hair types but is particularly great for hair that needs some TLC! Its great for damaged or dry hair, and helps to reenergise and make it feel fuller.
- Apply body scrub, or even quicker, use an exfoliating mitt, from your shoulders down to your toes. I used to have those nylon stretchy gloves, which work pretty well but will probably take a million years to decompose. So I now use a sisal mitt like this one from Amazon for £4.99* sisal mitt like this one from Amazon for £4.99*. It is natural, so will decompose after it starts to unravel. It smells funny the first few times it gets wet, but after that it’s fine. I don’t like the way it feels on my hand, but it’s worth it, as it makes your skin SO smooth.
- Finally, shave if needed. I love my personalised Friction Free Shaving razor and shave cream and you can find out more about FFS and get a discount code on my review here.
Pre-Party Pampering: Faux Tan
If you’re showing a bit of leg or arms, you might like to apply faux tan before bed. I absolutely love TanOrganic Self-Tan Oil, which is £24.99 from Love Lula**. You can use it on your face or body and it is actually fool-proof. I never get any streaks, it’s 99% natural, it smells of orange and never looks orange – just a lovely warm golden colour. You can add extra layers for darker results over a few days if you like. You can read my full review of TanOrganic Self-Tan Oil here, and the results of one layer are shown below.
This may not look like a dark tan to you, but it is for my milk bottle legs!
Pre-Party Pampering: Moisturise, Moisturise, Moisturise
After applying your faux tan, you might like to apply a second mask, this time for moisture and radiance. I am obsessed with Madara’s SOS Hydra Moisture and Radiance Mask, which is £35 from Love Lula**. It’s really moisturising without being greasy. I like to slather it on and leave it on overnight. It really does make skin look more radiant. Add some eye cream and a rich lip balm. I’m currently using Madara SMART Antioxidants Anti-Fatigue Eye Rescue Cream, (£31 from Love Lula**)which came in one of my Love Lula Beauty Boxes. I also can’t live with out Hurraw Moon Balm, £4.99 from Love LulaHurraw Moon Balm, £4.99 from Love Lula. It’s a super-rich balm that’s full of nourishing natural ingredients.
Pre-Party Pampering: Soften Hands and Feet
As you’ve exfoliated your hands and feet, give them the full works with Madara Daily Defence Ultra Rich Balm, which is £15** at Love Lula. This all-over-body cream feels and smells gorgeous, and helps to rescue very dry skin. It’s especially great for chapped lips and cracked heels and makes the perfect soothing treat for hands and feet. Just apply a thickish layer just before bed and pop on some cotton gloves and socks. This locks in the cream and the added warmth makes it absorb better. You’ll feel like a bit of an idiot (Ryan always laughs at the gloves in particular) but it’s well worth it! You can buy a pair of cotton gloves and socks on Amazon for £2.85*.
Pre-Party Pampering: The Morning Before
I always like to paint my nails before I go out. I am obsessed with this metallic gold/copper shade called Skimia by NATorigin, which is £8.80 at Love Lula**. It covers so well and looks gorgeous. Adding this Pacifica Rainbow Gloss Top Coat (£9.99 from Love Lula**) makes it look even more special (and this is also a handy way to disguise any chips!)
After a shower, you’ll probably be too short of time to apply body lotion, so this natural in shower moisturiser* may be your new best friend. I use it every day as I hate applying lotion. It doesn’t moisturise as well as a lotion but it’s good enough for me!
So there you have it – do you think my guide to pre-party pampering will help you take some time for yourself? Do you have any other beauty hacks to save more time? I’d love to hear them, please leave me a comment!
These tips work before a wedding or job interview too, so don’t forget to Pin them for later!Want to disguise any pesky dark circles on the day of your party? Take a peek at my easy-to-follow tutorial with the products and steps you need to cover up undereye circles.